Approx 6.1 miles from the centre of Chichester
West Dean College and Gardens
West Dean House, a large flint-faced manor, is situated within an estate covering 6,350 acres of land and dates back to 1086, with various royal connections throughout the years. In 1971 the Estate became the home of West Dean College, a centre of study of conservation, arts, crafts, writing, gardening and music.
The flint mansion seened today at West Dean was designed by James Wyatt.
Only students of West Dean College are allowed into the mansion. Visitors to West Dean Gardens are able to view the exterior of the building.